The Employment Unit works in partnership with all colleges and administrative units to support compensation practices. Each classification is assigned to an appropriate pay grade or minimum.
- Minimum Wage Information - Illinois Department of Labor
- Entrance Salary for Teaching: $3000/month
Illinois State University paydays are the 15th and end of each month. Hourly employees are paid on a semi-monthly basis and salaried employees are paid on one of two cycles (a semi-monthly or monthly). Please refer to the Payroll website for more information, payroll and tax-related forms, and a calendar of pay dates.
How We Help
The Employment Unit will assist with:
- Analyzing and recommending appropriate compensation ranges
- Determining minimum salaries for positions
- Ensuring compliance with Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)