Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
The Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) is a free statewide health insurance counseling service for Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers.
The Department has developed a list of publications and other resources to assist you in making informed health insurance decisions.
- SHIP is not affiliated with any insurance company.
- SHIP counselors do not sell or solicit any type of insurance.
SHIP counselors are trained to:
- Educate consumers and answer questions about Medicare, Medicare Supplement, long term care insurance, Medicare HMOs, private fee-for-service, and other health insurance
- Organize and assist in filing Medicare and Medicare Supplement claims
- Analyze Medicare Supplement and long term care policies
To locate your local SHIP volunteer organization please call (800) 252-8966.